Auction House Serving Boston, Massachusetts
Fontaine’s Auction provides Boston with access to our extensive resources and network. As a market leader in fine and decorative arts, furniture, jewelry and clocks, we are proud to bring our services to the Boston area. Please contact us for complimentary auction estimates, appraisals and auction inquiries.
The History of Fontaine’s Auction Gallery
Founded over five decades ago, Fontaine’s Auction Gallery is a leading auction house located in Massachusetts. Since our founding, we’ve remained dedicated to delivering in-depth industry knowledge, integrity and professionalism.
Throughout our years in business, we’ve served thousands of buyers and sellers, gaining international experience while continuing to maintain some of the industry’s best rates. To this day, we are proud to continue serving our customers, who are located all throughout the world. We assist with both the purchasing and selling of fine and decorative arts, antiques and jewelry.
How Customers Bid at Our Auctions
At Fontaine’s, we want to ensure ease of bidding, this is why we offer a variety of ways to bid at auction:
- In-house: To fully embrace the auction experience, we encourage you to visit our showroom and attend one of our in-house auctions in Boston. Along with being able to see the items up close, you can take part in an entertaining, unforgettable experience.
- Phone: With our phone bidding option, customers are able to participate in live bidding. Simply fill out the form prior to the auction and a Fontaine’s representative will give you a call so you can bid live.
- Online: Online bidding allows you to bid whenever and wherever you’d like. You can participate in the live auction or leave an absentee bid.
- Absentee: If you can’t attend a live auction, you can fill out a bid form, and the auctioneer will bid on your behalf.
See Our Upcoming Antique Auctions
Our Pittsfield showroom, which is in close proximity to New York, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut, frequently hosts live auctions throughout the year. At these auctions, you’ll find a wide variety of:
- Fine and decorative arts
- American and European timepieces
- 19th and 20th century lighting
- American and European furniture
- Antique and contemporary jewelry
Request to be on our mailing list so you can be alerted when we’ll be hosting our upcoming auctions, so you’ll always be up to date.
Consign With Fontaine’s Auction Gallery in Boston
At Fontaine’s, we can help you with consigning your items, such as fine and decorative arts, clocks and jewelry. Regardless of what you are interested in consigning, you’ll be able to take advantage of our free valuation service and simple consignment process.
When you submit information on your item(s) through email, our website or bring your item(s) to us, one of our specialists will carefully evaluate them and give you a complimentary auction estimate. After you receive this information, and you decide that you want to consign your items through Fontaine’s, we’ll provide you with a formal agreement, which will share all the details of your consignment.
Once you’ve signed your agreement, we’ll store your items in our showroom, using advanced advertising strategies to promote and sell your items at one of our live auctions in Boston.
Schedule an Appointment at Our Boston Auction House
Whether you need assistance buying or consigning antiques, we aspire to make your experience as personal and professional as possible. We invite you to schedule an appointment to visit us at our auction house in Boston or we will visit you at your location to view your item(s). Whether you stop by to watch or participate in an auction, receive an appraisal or auction estimate, or purchase an antique, you can always expect the highest quality customer service and transparent, straightforward pricing.
Have any questions? Be sure to reach out to our team by giving us a call at (617) 933-7263 or contacting us online.