As an owner of antiques, fine arts or collectibles, you may seek antique appraisal services to determine the value of the items in your possession. Perhaps you’re curious to know what the items are worth, or maybe you need a valuation for insurance purposes, an estate settlement or because you intend to sell. Regardless, requesting an appraisal from a trusted, professional service offers an accurate estimation.
Fontaine’s is one of America’s most seasoned antiques and fine arts auction houses, and our highly experienced team curates a convenient and secure auction experience, from estimate to bidding. If you wish to sell an item at auction, contact our representatives for a complimentary estimate.
Professional Antique Appraisal Services
For over six decades, Fontaine’s has provided clients with various valuation services, including expert antique appraisal and consignment services. We offer antique appraisals by certified appraisers who follow a meticulous process to ensure your estimate is fair and accurate. All appraisals conducted by our staff comply with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), assuring you of a proficient and ethical appraisal process.
This process comprises a detailed assessment of the item, including careful analysis of the following elements that influence its overall valuation:
- Past ownership
- Related documentation
Our industry-leading consignment services allow you to sell your antique items at auction after appraisal, giving you access to buyers worldwide through our convenient online, telephone and absentee bidding options. The types of items appraised and auctioned on consignment through Fontaine’s include:
- Fine and decorative art
- Various antiques
- Fine furniture
- Fine silver
At Fontaine’s, we take pride in delivering appraisal and consignment services of the highest possible standard, offering convenience and giving you peace of mind throughout the process.
How to Get Your Antiques Appraised
Whether you opt for an in-person or online antiques appraisal through Fontaine’s, you’ll enjoy a pleasant and seamless process from start to finish. Follow these steps to have our team of experts assess your art or antique item:
- Select your items: Instead of having everything you own appraised, choose items for appraisal that may have appreciated in value.
- Photograph your item: If you opt for an online valuation, take detailed photographs of your antique item or art, zooming in on intricate features and taking separate photos of imperfections or damages.
- Gather its related documents: Any documents related to your item, such as a certificate of authenticity, past valuations or restoration records, could assist the appraisal process.
- Schedule an appointment: Contact our team to schedule an appraisal at one of our auction gallery locations near you.
- Send your information online: Should you choose to have your item valued through our USPAP-compliant online antique appraisal process, send us an email with your photographs and documents attached.
- Detail your intentions: Let our appraisal team know what you intend to do with the item, such as whether you want to sell, insure or donate your item.
When the appraisal process is complete, you’ll receive a detailed report with a thorough description of your item, its fair-market and replacement values.
Receive an Antique Appraisal From Fontaine’s
When you choose Fontaine’s as your valuation and auction partner, you benefit from access to a global audience and top-tier customer service, guiding you every step of the way. Our one flat rate for consignments with no hidden fees attached assures you of the utmost transparency in all we do.