Founded over six decades ago, Fontaine’s Auction is one of the oldest antiques and fine arts auction houses in America. Our individualized and personal approach is tailored to meet the needs of each client we work with. We’ve served tens of thousands of buyers and sellers throughout the world with many of them being repeat customers. Over the years, we have been entrusted by numerous private collectors, estates and institutions with the sale of their quality works, achieving exceptional sell-through rates and setting record prices.
With the auction industry constantly evolving and remote bidding becoming a substantial aspect, our customers can bid with confidence because we offer a guarantee for condition and authenticity.
We offer complimentary auction estimates for single items, collections or entire estates. The rates we offer are among the best in the auction industry with no hidden fees.
Our Gallery & Outreach
With close proximity to New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire and Vermont, our showroom is a convenient destination for buyers, private collectors and dealers.
Over the years, we have built a network of representatives, both national and international. We can arrange shipping for single items or entire estates nationwide.
Leading Consignment Auction House
Fontaine’s Auction Gallery is a leading consignment auction house with international experience and extensive market knowledge. Buy or sell antique furniture, jewelry and fine art from us to get the best value for the highest quality items.
Learn about consignment for:
We make it easy for you to buy or sell antiques with our exceptional services.
- How to buy: Bid in-person, online, over the phone or by absentee during one of our live auctions from wherever in the world you may be.
- How to sell: Sell your fine and decorative arts, furniture, jewelry and other antique items to us on consignment and benefit from our global audience and exceptional rates.
Some of our popular items include:
- 19th and 20th century lighting.
- Art glass.
- American and European furniture.
- Marble and bronze statuary.
- Fine silver.
We sell pieces from many different makers and brands, and we are especially successful with the sale of Tiffany Studios lamps, Tiffany Studios art glass, E. Howard & Co. clocks and R.J. Horner furniture.
We also offer private sales for those looking to buy or sell a specific item. Contact us, and we can advise you on the best way to achieve your purchase or sales goals.
Founded more than 50 years ago, Fontaine’s Auction Gallery is a full-service auction gallery located in western Massachusetts. Over the decades, we have earned a world-renowned reputation as a trusted auction house with a high level of integrity and professionalism. Our global presence and in-depth industry knowledge give antique buyers and sellers an edge in the antique auction market.
With our experienced staff of auction specialists and marketing strategists, we are an exceptional place to do business. You can count on us for straightforward and fruitful consignment and auction services with some of the industry’s best rates.
The Fontaine’s Auction Gallery showroom is located in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. With close proximity to New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire and Vermont, our showroom is a convenient destination for buyers and collectors.
You can visit us at the showroom to watch or participate in a live auction, or receive an appraisal on your items from one of our specialists. We hold auctions year-round and are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Bidding for Antiques
We make bidding for antiques at our live auctions simple and accessible with several different ways to participate:
- In-house: Come to our showroom on the day of the auction and register upon arrival. In-house bidding allows you to see the auction items up close and get the full experience.
- Phone: Over the phone bidding is simple. Before the auction, let us know what lot you are interested in. During the auction, we will call you three to five lots before the piece you want to bid on so you can make your bid live.
- Online: Online bidding is becoming increasingly popular with antique buyers for its convenience. With a reliable internet connection, you can bid online from wherever, whether you’re on a business trip, in the comfort of your home or on the road. We use four platforms for online bidding — Fontaine’s, Invaluable, LiveAuctioneers and AuctionZip. These online auction house sites allow you to bid live, watch the auction and leave an absentee bid.
- Absentee: Can’t make the live auction? Complete one of our bid forms and submit it by 5 p.m. the day before the auction to participate as an absentee bidder.
Consignment and Valuation
If you’re looking for auction houses with consignment services, Fontaine’s Auction Gallery is a top choice. We have designed our consignment process to be as easy as possible.
- Contact us for a free valuation. One of our specialists will evaluate your item and give you an accurate appraisal. You can schedule an in-person valuation, complete our auction estimate form or email us information and photos.
- Consign your items to us. If you decide you want to work with us to sell your item at auction, we will draft a formal agreement that outlines the details of your specific consignment. Once everything is agreed upon and signed, we will hold your item at our showroom until it sells at auction. Your item will be securely stored and fully insured for the duration that it is in our possession.
- We sell your item at one of our live auctions. Leading up to the auction, you can expect advanced advertising efforts to generate as much interest as possible. Once your item sells, we will promptly disburse your funds and handle all transportation logistics.
Take a look at some of our past auctions to see the different types of items we put up for sale to understand what you may receive for your pieces.
Consign With Fontaine’s Auction Gallery
As one of the numerous companies that buy antiques for auction, Fontaine’s Auction Gallery is distinguished by our:
- Global audience. We make our live auctions accessible to antique buyers all over the world so your item will reach the widest audience possible. We offer a guarantee for our auction items for authenticity and condition so buyers can make their purchase with confidence.
- One flat rate. Rather than charge you a slew of fees for insurance, transportation, photography and other services, we charge one flat rate. We believe in transparent, straightforward pricing, so you will avoid any hidden charges.
- Customer service. We make it easy to work with us and walk you through every step of the consignment and auction processes. We also offer transportation services for your convenience — we can pick up your item from anywhere in the country.
For online auction with consignment and other services, contact Fontaine’s Auction Gallery today. As an experienced auction house with excellent rates, expertise and reach, you can count on us to help you get the best value whether you are looking to buy or sell antiques.
Fontaine’s Auction Gallery is located in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, in the center of Berkshire County. With New York to our west, Vermont and New Hampshire to the north, and Connecticut to the south, you’ll find Fontaine’s is the ideal destination for antique lovers. With high-quality auctions throughout the year, Fontaine’s makes bidding easy, with live, on-line, absentee, and phone bidding available.