Values and Appraisals
Do you have an old clock or piece of jewelry that you think could be worth something? Do you collect fine art and want to sell some of your pieces for their maximum value? Whatever your circumstances, Fontaine’s Auction Gallery provides expert appraisals for consignment items. Our specialists have the expertise to accurately assess your pieces and help you get the best value.
With a straightforward valuation process and exceptional consignment services, Fontaine’s Auction Gallery is a top choice for antique lovers.
Request an Estimate
How Do You Appraise and Value My Antique Items?
If you want to find out the value of your antiques and how to sell them, request a free appraisal from one of our specialists. You can:
- Submit information and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Take high-quality photos of your items from different angles and provide information such as the item’s history, condition, dimensions and any documentation.
- Complete our auction estimate form above. Fill out the information fields and upload your photos.
- Schedule an in-person evaluation. Bring your item to the gallery and meet with one of our specialists in person.
The value of antiques can vary greatly. When we evaluate your item, our specialists consider specific factors including the artist or maker, time period, country of origin, subject matter, materials, rarity, aesthetics, desirability and condition. We look for a maker’s mark to help determine authenticity, as well as provenance or documented ownership history.
We’ll also compare your antiques to similar items recently sold at auction to help determine market value. You can search our past auctions to get a sense of what you can expect to receive for your pieces.
If your antiques meet our minimum consignment value and quality standards and our auction estimates earn your approval, we can enter into a formal consignment agreement.
What Makes an Expert?
At Fontaine’s Auction Gallery, we have the expert knowledge to provide precise evaluations and auction estimates. For more than five decades, we have been working with people around the world to buy and sell antique furniture, jewelry, fine art and other valuables. With our considerable market knowledge and international experience, we can help you achieve your purchase and sales goals.
Our specialists have in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of antiques, from Tiffany Studios lamps and R.J. Horner furniture to E. Howard & Co. clocks and porcelain. We also know the current market and what antique buyers are looking for.
With our complete knowledge of the antique world, you can count on our specialists for expert appraisals for auction items that will give you an advantage in a competitive marketplace.
What Kinds of Antiques Do You Consign?
At Fontaine’s Auction Gallery, we consign many different kinds of antiques, including:
- Lamps. Top makers include Tiffany Studios, The Handel Company, Bradley & Hubbard Manufacturing Company, Pairpoint Glass Company and J.A. Whaley & Co.
- Furniture. Sets and individual pieces from makers such as R.J. Horner & Co. and J.H. Belter and Co.
- Fine art. Everything from Renaissance to modern pieces and other period items
- Decorative arts. Glassware, silverware, clocks, porcelain, art glass and all other types of decorative arts
- Jewelry. Pieces made from rubies, diamonds, emeralds, gold and other precious gemstones
Consign Your Antiques With Fontaine’s Auction Gallery
When you get an appraisal for auction items from Fontaine’s Auction Gallery, you can trust that you’re receiving a highly accurate valuation. You can also rest assured that if you choose to consign with us, we will get you the maximum value for your items. Some of the top reasons consignors choose Fontaine’s include our:
- Global audience. People from all over the world can participate in our live auctions, which bring in large numbers of buyers. Participants also have the choice of bidding in person, over the phone, online or by absentee, so there is an option for everyone.
- One flat rate. Many auction houses charge multiple fees for photography, insurance and transportation, which can be a hassle. At Fontaine’s Auction Gallery, we charge one low, flat fee — there are no hidden charges, and we offer the best rates in the industry.
- Marketing. Our team includes skilled marketing strategists who know how to generate buyer interest. These efforts include advertisement campaigns that begin weeks ahead of other major auction houses.
- Customer service. We treat each consignment differently and give it the individual attention it deserves. We also work directly with every consignor to build a personal relationship. You can count on us for expert assistance, whether we’re discussing auction strategy or arranging transportation for your antique.
Contact us today for consignment item values and exceptional services.